Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Dying Bride

My Dying Bride is a Romantic Death/Doom metal band, formerly at the forefront of the British Death/Doom movement in the early 90s that included such bands as the former label mates Anathema and Paradise Lost. My Dying Bride have, bar one experimental album (34.788%... Complete), stuck resolutely to their raison d'etre. Relentlessly slow, thick, heavy chords allied with remarkably morose lyrics make My Dying Bride a unique proposition and certainly a challenge to the listener. Since its debut, the Halifax based band has remained steadfast in an unwavering pursuit of extreme Metal despite, ironically enjoying the rewards of an international fan base despite the noncommercial nature of its output.

As the Flower Withers (1992)
1. Silent Dance
2. Sear Me
3. The Forever People
4. The Bitterness and the Bereavement
5. Vast Choirs
6. The Return of the Beautiful
7. Erotic Literature



Turn Loose the Swans (1993)
1. Sear Me MCMXCIII
2. Your River
3. The Songless Bird
4. The Snow In My Hand
5. The Crown of Sympathy
6. Turn Loose the Swans
7. Black God


The Angel and the Dark River (1995)
1. The Cry of Mankind
2. From Darkest Skies
3. Black Voyage
4. A Sea to Suffer in
5. Two Winters Only
6. Your Shameful Heaven
7. The Sexuality of Bereavement


Songs of Darkness, Words of Light (2004)
1. The Wreckage of My Flesh
2. The Scarlet Garden
3. Catherine Blake
4. My Wine in Silence
5. The Prize of Beauty
6. Blue Lotus
7. And My Fury Stands Ready
8. A Doomed Lover